Monday, February 28, 2005

Rainy Day Experiment

So, I've started to look at photos in a different light, experimenting and taking chances. Digital affords you that luxury. It's not the technology I'm interested in although keeping up with it is fun for me. It's more about what it allows me to do and how more I shoot and experiment.

The image you see here comes from an experiment that came to me one day it was pouring here in Southern California. People reading this may not believe it ever pours in this area but this year we have had more rain than Seattle. Anyway, I saw the raindrops on the truck window and wanted to see what my 24mm lens could do with selective focus. Turns out it could do pretty well. It can focus quite closely and in the future it's a lesson I'll remember as I shot other images.

It's not that I couldn't have done this with film. But I wouldn't have been able to see the results quickly and I would have been reluctant to shoot enough to have something that really worked. In the end, I was able to find an image that worked for me, and one that was a reflection of what I saw in my mind as I looked out the window.

I still shoot film and I'll post some of these images in the next week or so as I find a way to scan 4x5 Polaroid film. My current scanner is a film scanner and doesn't handle positives very well.

Experiment.

1 comment:

art nude photography said...

Hi Making Photos, you have a nice blog. Glad to see it. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on figured full photography woman when I found your page. Your site describing Rainy Day Experiment is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on figured full photography woman then drop by the site above and check it out.