Friday, February 18, 2005

"Taking Pictures" Inspiration

At the beginning of the year I had decided to spend more time with my photography. As so often happens, plans are laid aside while more pressing matters take precedence. Of course, it only seems that the something is more pressing and once you reflect on what it is you haven't done, you find you can't recall what it was that took the other things place. Anyway, I have been somewhat successful in spending more time with the camera in hand and with the "digital darkroom" making images that I like and enjoy.

I found a photography site that looked interesting and it's led to this blog. I don't remember how I got to the site of Clay Enos, but it led to a further exploration of his photography where I found street portraits he did several years ago and finally led to his blog Take Pictures on this very blogging site. He says that he started his blog as a way to inspire more people to "Take Pictures"and I for one have been inspired by his photography. I'm envious of his obvious photographic talents but I'm more envious of his ability to interact with complete strangers. The portraits are compelling, insightful and thought provoking. Go through his site if you are so inclined and enjoy the work of someone who seems very passionate and willing to share. It seems all too rare these days.

This is an image in keeping with the "Taking Pictures" site, although it pales in comparison. I hope you enjoy a view into my little slice of the world

No comments: