Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Aaron

This is Aaron. He was a participant in the Colin Finlay workshop held in Palm Springs a few weeks ago. He’s also one of the nicest guys you could ever meet and typically of a photographer and a creative, highly critical of his own work. He had some really strong images from the Copy Katz lounge and he saw the retirement home in a way I wish I had seen it. You can see some of his images here.

This is an image that I saw in my head when I saw this red wall. It comes close to reflecting what I wanted to portray but I could have used a little more light in the eyes. It’s shot on Fuji NPZ 800 and scanned on a little crappy scanner which resulted in a lot of noise. I metered off the highlight on his forehead and I don't recall the exposure. I wish I has paid attention. I have a few more to show in the next few days that get closer to what I wanted. Some of the images just didn’t work but that’s why you try; you see what works and what doesn’t and you learn from the mistakes.

No comments: