Thursday, May 24, 2007

Grip

This is from another Father/Daughter day at the gym. Jordan loves to climb and I love it as well although she makes me look like the out of shape guy that I am. She’s very good, and as she continues to get stronger she’ll just get better. So I took the opportunity to shoot some images while she was climbing a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed doing this although I’m not sure Jordan did. I think it gets a little old being the subject of so much photography but, in her sweet way, she indulges me and lets me keep trying.

As I went through these I started sequencing them according to what I had learned from Colin in the workshop. It was a good exercise in putting something that flowed in a logical way. I don’t know if I got it right but I do like how they turned out. I also purposely shot that day with an idea in mind instead of my usually random and disjointed way. It was prompted in some way by recognizing Jordan’s wish to not show her face. It made me think more, find a way to get what I wanted and still meet her requirement. I think it worked out pretty well.

No comments: