Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Letters

There are times when writing for this blog finds me at a loss for words. This is one of those times.

I found a solution to my scanning problem and spent the last couple of weeks scanning a backlog of images. This is the first one that I’m posting here.

At best I’m a difficult person to live with: moody, closed off, demanding and a few other things that come to mind. Somehow I was blessed with a woman that found a way, and continues to find a way, to get through the stuff I throw around. I’m not sure what I did to deserve her but I’m glad she came my way. She’s probably one of the only people that actually looks at this blog and I know what words do for her. She calls them “Larry Letters” and I don’t write them often enough.

I picked this image because her eyes show she’s playful and because there is a happiness here that I rarely catch with the camera. Her father was a photographer; she knows the drill, but I never seem to just catch her at a moment when she is relaxed. This is one of those and one of my favorites.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really is a lovely picture. I have been viewing yours and other photographer sites in hopes that someone would mention a good starting place for a newby. You seem like you might have the patience to do just that. I have absolutely no experience - just a curiousity and desire to capture the life of my kids. Would you be willing to offer a bit of advice for a TOTAL novice? A camera (digital - due to the lack of need for other equipment) would be very appreciated. If not, thank you for posting such nice images.

Larry D Hayden said...

Pop an email over and I'll be happy to answer questions. ldhayden @ gmail.com (take the spaces out to send. need to preven tspam)

And thank you for the very nice comments.

Larry