Wednesday, July 11, 2007

JJ

This is an image from the workshop in May with Colin Finlay. JJ is a cast member at the Copy Katz Lounge in Palm Springs. It’s a cabaret style entertainment with impersonators putting a pretty good show. I wasn’t sure it would be something I would enjoy, but it was an experience that I most likely would not have taken part in had it not been part of the workshop.

JJ was a very willing subject and workshops like this are always a little difficult. There were 9 other photographers there that day and getting an image without them in the frame was a challenge. It did make me work harder but I also had to work harder because I didn’t have a digital camera to use as a crutch. It’s amazing how many bad habits I’ve developed using digital. I’ve made this a direct link to flickr in order to allow viewing of more images from the day.

No comments: