Thursday, July 26, 2007

Seagull

OK, this probably isn’t that great of a photograph. There is just something about seagulls that I always seem to try and make an image of. It’s similar to the flag issue I wrote about a few posts back. Anyway, it was taken down at the Santa Monica Pier in one of the first outings with the film camera earlier this year.

The other image is from the same day (notice the seagull). On that particular day I had both cameras with me. No matter how I tried I couldn’t keep the highlights from blowing out. Maybe it’s just my lack of ability. Maybe it’s the camera. I don’t know. What I do know is that I was stunned by the lack of detail in the digital images and the amount of detail in the film images. I’m not trying to start a debate on the film versus digital thing just making an observation that was a little surprising to me at that point in time.

No comments: