Friday, December 28, 2007

Stay Another Day

There is no image today. Just a link to a David Alan Harvey entry.

As photographers I suppose it's sometimes innate that we want to document the lives of those around us. I know that it does for me and it's usually at the expense of those around me and those I love. It's much more personal.

If you aren't a photographer it may be difficult to understand this need to impede upon the personal, private and intimate moments that are difficult to share. But it's my belief that in the passage of time those images will represent memories, that in retrospect will be sentimental, heartfelt, and in some cases, necessary.

I struggle with this in my own family... with my own images. How much should I photograph? How far should I go? Difficult and unanswered questions.

No comments: