Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blue

I'm all over the place these days with my photography. Maybe that's why I never seem to get anywhere.

As an example here is an image taken with a Holga I've had for a number of years. I have a bunch of expired Kodak 100VS laying around and thought what the heck. The lights nice, the sky is really blue and I don't want to work anyway. It was taken one afternoon back in November, but as with all of my projects it was delayed until I got the desire to scan for several days in a row. I'm caught up now on the scans but have several rolls of exposed film sitting on my desk... big surprise!

Anyway I've been given some thought on where I want this photography stuff to go and to see if I can stick with anything for as long as one year - one type of film for instance or one camera - something that will force me to focus a bit. I don't think I'll limit myself beyond B&W or color but I've got an idea. Not that anyone gives a rats behind what I plan to do but some of you may have an idea of what I'm talking about.

I'll probably kick it off in the next two weeks and it's inspired by a photographer I really respect. We'll see what happens.

No comments: