Wednesday, February 20, 2008

LFI

A couple of weeks ago I got an email from LFI telling me they wanted to publish my JJ images. It was a surprise and one I wasn't sure about until I saw the pdf sent to me this week. Considering that last time the image was so small - almost to the point of embarrassment - I decided to keep quiet about this one. I didn't want to jinx myself this time. And yes, that's a little superstitious thing I probably shouldn't worry about, but there you are.

So here it is. My daughter had a huge chuckle upon reading the description. Luckily my wife was with me in Palm Springs when I shot this and can verify that I did not, in fact, drop by the local transvestite club. Something lost in the translation between English and German. But the chuckle, or should say outright laughter, from both of the women in my life was pretty priceless and well worth the crap I'll receive once this comes out and my friends see it. The joys of photography...

But this is the shoot that made me switch back to film simply because of the pure enjoyment the photographic process with JJ brought. The digital is still gathering dust for the most part and film goes with me just about everywhere. I have a backlog of film to scan, spot and work. Once I get more than a few days at home all in a roll I may get that done. It's the one drawback to my process at the moment. Because I have to set up a separate scanning station I get behind and need to find time to work the backlog. Leaving the station on the dining room table doesn't work so well for the family. So, the upcoming travel - could there be anymore - will produce more backlog that I'll eventually get around to scanning and posting.

2 comments:

mahonyWeb said...

"I did not, in fact, drop by the local transvestite club. Something lost in the translation between English and German."

We believe you, millions wouldn't... ;)

Great shots! :)

Larry D Hayden said...

Thanks a bunch for stopping by.

And thanks @mahonyweb for the kind words. As far as millions not believing I would agree if millions actually saw this blog. Alas, there are probably 4 readers you being the newest. I really appreciate the comments.

Larry