Friday, March 14, 2008

Admirals Club

I've spent the last couple of weeks recovering from illness. I won't go into details but it was a little scary and it certainly provided much needed rest.

I've gotten a chance to catch up on some scanning and stay out of airports. Most of the scans I did, not surprisingly, were airport and hotel shots. This is one of them.

I'm starting to organize the photos from airports and hotel/motels to see if there is some sort of theme that joins the images together. As I make these images and view them as single images I find myself wondering if they are boring. They may be but I'm starting to see a pattern and since I travel so much images from the travels just seem to present themselves. It also allows me to practice seeing when I get the chance to take a breath on my business travels.

This image is a case in point. In the Admirals Club at the John Wayne Airport I noticed the reflections in the marble table at which I was sitting. I've long tried to make an interesting image of the ceiling. Those curves really appeal to me for some reason but I've never gotten a compelling image. I personally really like this one. I think this is the second roll of transparency film I put through the camera. It's Fuji Provia 400X that I really like but am having trouble scanning it. I still need to experiment more.

One of my new favorite blogs is written by Nick Onken. I really like his work and reading about how he is making it in the industry. Guys like him and Chase Jarvis have such good attitudes about sharing their knowledge and I have a tremendous amount of respect for them both simply because of that. Check out his site.

No comments: