Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Mark Tucker's Dottie

We live in interesting times with access to information, ideas, people... that we would have difficulty knowing anything about 20 years ago. Case in point, blogs. It's interesting to me that blogs have connected me to people I don't know and provided insights into their lives I would otherwise have no ability to know.

Mark Tucker is a prime example. Years ago, in a forum now closed, I paid attention to Mark's posts. They always struck me as smart, thoughtful and respectful. I starting paying attention to his photography and love to see his new work and am really glad he starting blogging recently. I actually had a chance encounter with him in New York at Photo Expo several years ago. He has his "plungercam" over his shoulder and I just said hello. As he had shown in his posts, he was kind and respectful and tolerated a total stranger interrupting his journey to wherever that day in the Javitts Center.

Anyway, one of the images I always loved was the one where he is pointing a hose and his dog is jumping into the stream of water with a smile and joy in the eyes. As a dog lover it just seemed the quintessential image of a guy and his dog. If you haven't had a chance to check out his work jump on over to the link and read the story. I'm sorry for your loss Mark.

1 comment:

Diane Hayden said...

Very true...and very touching. I too am sorry for his loss.