Thursday, October 02, 2008

Bummed

Working with camera equipment, as with any type of precision equipment, leads you to think things just won’t wrong. Rationally I know this to not be true, but I simply have it happen so rarely that I think the issues I hear with other cameras won’t happen to me. Inevitably it does, the gremlins find you and make you pay at the most inopportune times.

My Leica has a frozen shutter and it’s being sent in for repair. I am so bummed right now. But I have other cameras so I’ll get by but I had plans for it over the coming weeks and I’ll have postpone or go with something else.

This image is from my backlog of scanning from this year. I can’t believe it’s already October and I still have undeveloped film. It’s a shame really, and since I’m no Garry Winogrand, I don’t really have any excuses.

I do however, need to shoot more stuff like this when I’m back in Kentucky. Documenting my family, and the place where I grew up, just seems natural. Unfortunately my family doesn’t necessarily agree. So I get what I can and occasionally make an image I really like.

No comments: