Monday, February 23, 2009

Quotes

On my way to the office on most days I pass an elementary school with the best quotes on a sign just off the school’s parking lot. This morning’s quote - a new one is posted each Monday - was particularly good. It was, “The difference between try and triumph is a little umph.”

I think it is especially good for the current environment and what, not just the US, but the world is facing today. My personal belief is that now is the time to start doing things differently at home, in our jobs, in our communities and certainly in our schools. We are ready to bail out everyone but, it seems, the schools, the students, the teachers. And when I read these quotes I often think of the person, or persons, that find them and put them up for the community to see. It’s a teacher, or someone very intimately involved with the school and it’s student, that finds these quotes and give us all a lesson. Maybe our government should find this person and hire them.

No comments: