Friday, April 17, 2009

Great Park II

I’ve finally gotten all my processing completed from the last few weeks of traveling and other outings with the camera. This is one of the images I like pretty well and it’s nice to see something come out like I intended it too.

Unlike my previously documented fiasco’s, I was actually paying attention while I made this image. It was made on the Chamonix over at the Great Park in Irvine. This is an old hanger that will eventually be made into a flight museum. I had stopped over there one day to see what the big ballon looked like and just fell in love with the old space.

I knew the light would look good early so I made a trek one morning not too long ago. It would also give me a chance to use movements to get everything in line and sharp, or not, if so decided. It’s a repeat of an image I posted a few weeks ago that was made on Type 55. But that image used movements to throw the bottom out of focus and it just didn’t work that well for me. Plus this one was taken a little bit after the sun peaked over the horizon and so the contrast looks a bit better to me as well.

It was processed in Diafine because that’s what I’m using at the moment. It doesn’t give me the control over exposure that I could get with something like HC110, but it allows me to practice easily and I do like that. The next step will be to control the negs a bit more and see how much that really affects the images considering I scan everything.

No comments: